AP®: Advanced Placement Program® Exams
College Board’s Advanced Placement Program® is recognized by universities around the world as a standard of academic excellence. Since 1955, the AP® Program has enabled millions of students to take U.S. university undergraduate-level courses and earn undergraduate degree credit, advanced placement, or both while still in high school/secondary school.
Nearly all colleges and universities in the United States – as well as more than 500 universities in 75 countries such as the U.K., Canada, and Australia – consider AP participation favorably for admission and have policies around AP credit and placement.
For more information visit College Board’s website: Click here
Access the list of Universities around the world offering AP credits: Click here
AP benefits enable motivated students like you to:
- Stand out in university admissions.
- Earn university credit.
- Skip introductory university classes.
- Save money on tuition.
- Build skills and confidence.
- Earn higher first-year grades at university (per Research)
Read more about how AP helps students interested in studying abroad.
Review AP course descriptions for the subject(s) you wish to take to see which topics are covered in the AP course – and what might be on the exam.
Authorized AP Test Center
SAI International School (AP Test Center no. 63119) Center is authorized by the AP Program to administer 2023 AP Exams. However, test centers and schools set their own exam pricing, registration timeline and payment policies.
2023 AP Exam Schedule
The 2023 AP Exams will be administered as paper-and-pencil exams only over two weeks in May: May 1–12 and May 17–19. Early testing or testing at times other than those published by AP is not permitted under any circumstances.
Our center currently does not offer AP Exams that require additional equipment or that have a course portfolio component (language exams, Music Theory, Art and Design, Seminar and Research). Below is a list of the exams that we offer:
|Week 1||Morning 8 a.m.|
|Afternoon 12 p.m.|
May 1, 2023
|United States Government and Politics||ChemistrySpanish Literature and Culture|
May 2, 2023
|Chinese Language and CultureEnvironmental Science||Psychology|
May 3, 2023
|English Literature and Composition||Comparative Government and PoliticsComputer Science A|
May 4, 2023
May 5, 2023
|European HistoryUnited States History||Art HistoryMicroeconomics|
|Art and Design: Friday, May 5, 2023 (8 p.m. ET), is the deadline for AP Art and Design digital portfolios to be submitted to the AP Program.|
|Week 2||Morning 8 a.m.|
|Afternoon 12 p.m.|
|Afternoon 2 p.m.|
May 8, 2023
|Calculus ABCalculus BC||Computer Science PrinciplesItalian Language and Culture|
May 9, 2023
|English Language and CompositionJapanese Language and Culture||Physics C: Mechanics||Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism|
May 10, 2023
|Spanish Language and Culture||Biology|
May 11, 2023
|French Language and CultureWorld History: Modern||Physics 1: Algebra-Based|
May 12, 2023
|German Language and CultureMusic Theory||LatinPhysics 2: Algebra-Based|
- Schools must begin the morning exam administration between 8 and 9 a.m. local time and the afternoon exam administration between 12 and 1 p.m. local time. The AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam must begin between 2 and 3 p.m. local time.
- AP Computer Science Principles students to submit their Create performance task as final.
Our center offers late testing for circumstances where necessary, following the scheduled late-testing dates and times published by AP. Here are the late exam subjects our center offers:
|Morning 8 a.m.|
|Afternoon 12 p.m.|
May 17, 2023
|Chemistry Computer Science A Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Psychology Statistics United States History||Computer Science Principles English Literature and Composition Environmental Science Japanese Language and Culture Macroeconomics Spanish Literature and Culture|
May 18, 2023
|Chinese Language and Culture English Language and Composition German Language and Culture Human Geography Physics 1: Algebra-Based||Art History Biology Comparative Government and Politics French Language and Culture Italian Language and Culture Latin|
May 19, 2023
|Calculus AB Calculus BC Microeconomics Physics 2: Algebra-Based Spanish Language and Culture||European History Music Theory Physics C: Mechanics Seminar United States Government and Politics World History: Modern|
- Early testing or testing at times other than those published by College Board is not permitted under any circumstances.
- Schools must begin the morning exam administration between 8 and 9 a.m. local time and the afternoon exam administration between 12 and 1 p.m. local time.
- Students must have a valid passport to register and take AP Exams.
- Must be under the age of 21 at the time of the exams. (Born after May 31, 2002)
- Can take any or all of the 4 Physics exams in the same year.
- Cannot retake an exam in the same year, you may retake it in a subsequent year.
- Cannot take both Calculus AB and Calculus BC Exams in the same year.
- You cannot take 2 regular exams scheduled at the same date and time. Decide which exam you wish to take first and then take the other exam during the late testing window.
- If testing at an authorized AP test center in India: Students must be under the age of 21 at the time of the exams. (Born after May 31, 2002)
- ID Policy for test centers in India: Please plan any ID processing and applications in advance. Ensure you have acceptable ID to bring to the test site on exam day or you will not be able to test.
- AP-authorized test centers in India will only accept original, valid passport as ID for entry to the AP Exam administration.
- If original, valid passport is not available, then student must have the Aadhaar in either original Letter format or the PVC version with hologram only (both received from UIDAI). No other Aadhaar versions will be accepted.
2023 AP Exam Candidate Eligibility:
Students must be enrolled in or affiliated with a secondary school (high school) to take AP Exams.
Students in any of the categories below are eligible to take this test :
- Students testing at the secondary school where they’re enrolled.
- Students enrolled at a secondary school but testing at another authorized school or test center.
- Secondary school-level students who are homeschooled, participate in independent study, or attend a virtual school.
- Younger students who are not yet enrolled in secondary school (i.e., below ninth grade) but are prepared to take an AP Exam.
- Prospective exam takers who do not meet the above requirements and have a legitimate need for AP testing must request approval via email from College Board at firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to registering with a test center.
- Candidates testing at authorized centers in India: Students must be under the age of 21 at the time of the exams in May 2023. (Born after May 31, 2002)
|Late Registration Start Date (for regular and late testing)||Feb 15, 2023|
|Registration End Date (for regular and late testing)||Mar 10, 2023|
|Regular Testing Fee (May 1 – 12, 2023) per subject |
Late Testing Fee (May 17 – 19, 2022) per subject
(additional late testing fee of Rs.3,500 will be charged if reason for late testing does not fall under reasonable circumstances – https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/exam-administration-ordering-scores/ordering-fees/late-testing
(possible additional charge for Late testing)
Students will need a student account with College Board to register. Link to My AP account: https://myap.collegeboard.org/login (Create an account only if you do not already have one you use for SAT, PSAT, AP.)
Find detailed information related to our Test Centre’s AP Exam policy and Registration process, Exam Fee in the PDF document listed below (available during registration period)
Register for AP Exams by clicking on the button below, downing the AP Exam Registration Form (PDF), filling it out and emailing it to email@example.com along with proof of payment. All AP Exam Joining Codes are mentioned on the Registration PDF for each AP Exam offered at our AP Testing Center. You will need these codes to register online.
Registration is not complete until:
- Download, print, fill in, scan and email AP Exam Registrations form the AP Test Centre Supervisor contact details mentioned below.
- Make online payment to the AP Test Center (payment details are mentioned on the registration form), email payment details along with the completed registration form.
- Register online via your College Board account (AP) using Joining Codes mentioned in the registration form along if with your schools CEEB Code.
Students must ensure that they have registered for all AP Exams, paid the exam fee to the AP test center and completed the entire process mentioned in the AP Exam registration instructions by the deadlines listed. There will be no extensions to the deadlines allowed later.
Please contact Shweta Chhotray, AP Exam Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or with any questions.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE MAY 2023 AP EXAMS.