Creating a reputable and functional international dimension at SAI International School has been our entire focal point for many years. Exposing students from KG I – Class XII to global ways of thinking while breaking down international barriers and prejudice is what the international department of SAI is all about. Educating students about the world they live in is our passion. SAI International School has a thriving International Department, with the success and acquisition of the British Council, International School Award (Exemplary Status) in 2010-2013 , 2014-2017 and 2017 – 2020 and signed partnerships agreements with school in UK, USA, China and Uganda. SAI also has strong links with 36 schools in 12 countries. Rest assured we are at the top of our game.
International activities are split into several different categories including:
- Global Immersion Programmmes (GIP) – international exchange visit to schools in 5 countries including UK, USA, Singapore, China and Uganda. Each visit has a unique learning experience and can include home stay, collaborative community service projects, cultural exchange and visits to historical places of interest. GIP ‘s can last between 7-14 days depending on the country being visited. 90-100 students and teachers go abroad each year.
- Global School Partnerships – which inculcates collaborative international projects between classrooms of SAI International School and 36 link school on 5 continents. Projects can be as simple Pen- Pal exchanges, Video exchange of idea and information
- British Council Ambassador School – develop and promote all British Council Activities in the school and surrounding areas.
- Continued Professional Development- registration of teachers and staff for online professional development courses.
- Global teacher training and accreditation, school mentoring
- Celebration of twelve International Days.
- Student training in global citizenship and globalization and an active Going Global Club.
- SAI is also the British Council Ambassador School and we mentor school towards the ISA.
- International Projects – curriculum based projects with link schools in USA, UK, Uganda, Sweden and Sri Lanka.
- International Exam preparation, registration and administration – exams include SAT, TOEFL, Cambridge Admissions Testing, Cambridge ESOL Exams – YLE (STARTERS, MOVERS, FLYERS) KET, BEC (Preliminary/ Vantage), ILETS
- Global Studies – Comprehensive syllabus designed to embed a basic international knowledge on global entities and countries culture and life style, from classes KG II – Class VIII.
- International Competitions – Design for Change and School Enterprise Challenge.
- Kids for Peace , SAI International School Chapter – SAI became the first Kids for Peace Chapter in India in 2012. Kids for Peace is a is a global, nonprofit youth organization dedicated to “uplifting our world through love and action.”